Saturday, February 8, 2014

Movie Review: The LEGO Movie

Fans across the globe have been pumped for the new LEGO movie and I will say that the box office and sell outs showed how excited LEGO fans were everywhere for this playful animated film. It was a little difficult to get tickets last night, and most places I checked hours in advance were sold out.  Luckily after some searching I was able to catch a later show and was so pumped to see this movie. 



Everyone loves LEGOs, but it's even better when we have LEGOs and some of our favorite other geeky characters. One of my favorite Superhero's is Batman and he plays a major role in this movie.  The main characters and story focus on the two main characters, Emmet, Wyldstyle, and Batman.  We also see appearances from Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman, and even some of our favorite half shell ninja friends.  And lets not forget some of our favorite Star Wars characters and ships. It was awesome seeing all of our favorite geeky characters, but another thing I loved was all the LEGO vehicles.  They had every creative LEGO vehicle that you could possibly imagine. From flying police cars to some awesome street cars the movie well over met the expectations on the creativity of the characters and the vehicles. 




Let's not forget the impact this movie has on the little ones.  Not only will the kids enjoy every aspect of this movie but it's also educational.  One of my favorites was the encouragement for being able to do anything you set your mind to.  And they touched base on this several times.  From encouraging the little ones that they can build anything they want to encouraging them to achieve all their dreams and using their imaginations. The humor was something I enjoyed and especially Batman's overly cheesy and enjoyable voice. It may be the little kid in me, but this movie is extremely enjoyable for both kids and adults.  The humor and animation is just as pleasant for the adults as it is for the little ones.  This is one animated movie that really is meant for all age groups.




One thing that had me so excited for this movie was the voice actors chosen in this movie.  The excellent list of voice actors includes, but is not limited to Chris Pratt (Emmet), Will Ferrell (Lord Business/President Business/the Man Upstairs), Elizabeth Banks (Wyldstyle), Will Arnett (Batman), Nick Offerman (Metal Beard), Alison Brie (Unikitty), Charlie Day (Benny), Liam Neeson (Bad Cop/Good Cop/Pa Cop) and Morgan Freeman (Vitruvius).  There were so many great actors in this movie and they met every expectation that I was anticipating. 




The excitement doesn't stop with the movie, there was also a LEGO movie video game that was released a few days ago.  And let's not forget all the new and exciting LEGO sets that will be coming out for the movie.  The LEGO Movie game was released yesterday as well as the movie and I am thoroughly excited to play it.  After the last LEGO game I purchased, LEGO Marvel I am extra excited to play the next one and upcoming LEGO games released in the future.  Since LEGO did their last game with Marvel I thought it was creative to include DC in the movie and also in the game to give the fans a wide variety of their favorite superheros. 



This movie was one of the best animated films I had seen in a while, and I would even go back and see it again.  I loved it in every way and I would give it a 10 out of 10.  The only thing I would not recommend is paying extra to see this movie in 3D.  I didn't feel like the 3D was worth the extra money, but it also did not take away from the movie at all.  The 3D was not as spectacular as some of the other 3D movies I have seen, but I would still not think any less of the movie.  Critics across the nation have been saying nothing but great things about this movie and I could not agree with them more.




Blog written by: Gina at Geeking 4 Everyone

Don't forget to check out our friends at Lord's of Geek for other great news updates, reviews, blogs, and podcasts!!!  http://www.lordsofgeek.com/ 


2 comments:

  1. Totally worth watching, if only because it could literally entertain anybody who decides to give this a watch. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a GREAT movie!!! Thanks for your feedback and glad you enjoyed the review!!! ~Gina~

      Delete