Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Event: Animeland Wasabi: Friday

For weeks we have been pumped for the next Anime event in town, Animeland Wasabi.  That moment has finally arrived and the first day of the event was just as good as I expected it to be.  I was covering the event as press with my friends site, Lords of Geek. Overall, it was an incredible day and weekend.




Arriving on Friday I went and picked up my press pass and was pumped and ready to start rocking out this con.  I also attended the con with our friends from Girls of Geek12 and had a great time covering this event with friends.  I started in the dealer room, and there seemed to be something for everyone.  This seemed to be the most packed room at the event. The merchandise I was most interested in was the toys.  There were plenty of toys to fill every desire I had in me.  The Katana's and Ghostbuster toys got the little kid in me out the most.  The Make a Wish booth was highly impressive and it is a booth that I will be making sure to stop by frequently throughout the weekend.  There were two great guys running the booth, and one of them specialized in metal projects and the other one was the digital painter.  The charity lover in me was very impressed with the merchandise they were contributing to the Make a Wish foundation.  I could not resist buying something from both of them the work was absolutely amazing.  JC who did the metal work also is a stunt man/actor and I could not resist buying an Avengers metal cutout to hang in my living room.  The digital painter was also extremely talented and I could not resist buying some of his work as well.  JC also made an amazing Captain America shield that was out of this World.  Colorado Movie Cars is also another one of my favorite charity organizations that is ran by friend, Kevin Henry.  They have some amazing cars and the proceeds go to charities like the Children's Hospital.  Kevin has some amazing cars, and there are also other guys in the group with some amazing vehicles.  Kevin and Colorado Movie Cars is just at about every event and every time they are I always catch up with them.  Each day I
also stopped by the Denver Comic Con table.  There were several booths that had Katana's and Samurai Swords.  Photos were not allowed of the booths themselves, but one of them was nice enough to let me play with one and took a photo of me with one.  All the swords and weapons were highly impressive and I also spend a lot of time at these booths throughout the weekend.  I also stopped in Artist Alley each day and there were some very talented artists with great deals. There were also some great panels this day with all the celebrities, and there were also other great panels and one that intrigued me that I stopped by was Marketing and Creating Comics in a Screen Based World.  I have always enjoyed attending the writing and comics panels.  There were also several Anime panels including Anime Jeopardy that I stopped by for a few minutes.  Even though Friday is usually a more relaxed days at cons, there seemed to be a ton going on and I enjoyed every minute of the panels and attractions they had going on. 



Before the press conference on Friday I also attended the opening ceremonies where the director of the con
talked about how much this con has grown in a year. He mentioned how last year there were only about a dozen panels, and this year there was almost 200.  Overall he had some great things to say about growth and how hard they have worked to make this a great con.  The Press Conference I attended was incredible and all the guests had some great things to say.  The Press Conference was with Billy West, Emilia Ullerup, and Cassandra Lee Morris.  All three guests answered just about every question that was answered and had some great advice to give to all the other aspiring voice actors and actors that were part of the media team. We will be releasing the audio and a blog for the Press Conference by the weekend so that everyone can hear all the great questions asked and answered.




On Friday the last thing of the day was the Formal called the Candy Kingdom.  All the attendees were dressed in formal wear and there was a DJ with a dance in the main events room.  I also stopped by the gaming room since it ran until 4 am.  The gaming room was highly impressive, there were so many games set up that everyone would be able to play what they wanted.  They had a big Guitar Hero/Rock Band set up on stage for all the gamers who love the music games.  There was also a big set up on the floor for all the gamers who like the dance games.  They also had tables set up with game after game, and I think it was one of the biggest gaming rooms I have seen at an event.  They also had huge Televisions set up with some games.  The Colorado Cutthroat connection did a phenomenal job with all the gaming activities and also the setup.  The gaming room was packed most of the time I was in there, even at very late hours of the night. 




This is a con I have grown to love, and the atmosphere and the fans really makes you feel at home.  Overall it was a great day and it left me pumped for more the next day.  The costumes were more creative that I had seen at most cons.  There were so many that were so creative up to every last detail, and I couldn't wait until the next day to see more incredible costumes and panels. I was also extremely excited for my interview Eric Wile,





Blog Written by: Gina at Lords of Geek/Geeking 4 Everyone

Animeland Wasabi: http://animelandwasabi.com/

Make sure to follow Lords of Geek and Geeking 4 Everyone on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment